Google My Business Advantages
Launched in 2014 and improved over the course of time, especially for the hotel industry: it’s Google My Business.
Google My Business is the tool that Google provides to every Brand, with which businesses can describe their activity, interact with the clientele, but most of all make themselves visible on Google search results.
The Google My Business Page, created to be visible both from desktop and mobile, allows to show the details of your business to Google users. The contents that can be inserted in the page are opening hours, telephone number, address, directions, link to the website, images, virtual tour, users’ reviews, and the new option for the tourism sector: the possibility to sell availabilities directly from the business’ Online Booking via Google Hotel Ads. Enabling this method of sale, Google My Business makes visible a detailed list of the services offered (i.e free Wi-Fi, outdoor heated pool, laundry service..).
The advantages of Google My Business are many:
1. From a SEO point of view, in the precise searches of the business (for example “Hotel Garibaldi”), the page is visualized in the first page of Google organic search.
2. Always on the SEO front, in the searches by location (for example “Hotel in Rome”), the page is visualized in the results of the maps and among the pages of businesses in the same location.
3. You can gather reviews from the users who share their experience.
4. You can show images and virtual tours for an immediate understanding of the quality of the facility
5. Google My Business improves the mobile search, which is becoming increasingly frequent: the user can get in touch with the business from his smartphone without dialling the number, visit the website, check indications and opening hours…everything in one page.
The last benefit is the sale of availabilities directly from the booking system of the business own BookingEngine with Google Hotel Ads. BookingOne is the Booking Engine that allows this innovative sale method thanks to the Google certification.
Who has a My Business Page and a Google certified Booking Engine can sell its availability directly in this new space, to which Google is giving more and more space in the search results.
But a Google My Business Page is not enough to get visibility. It is important to have an optimized website with the main keywords for the related search of the business.
An optimised website + Google My Business are the cornerstones to get the best results from Google search…